SAVE THE DATE
A NATIONAL CONFERENCE
THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
October 2-4, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS & POSTER SESSIONS AVAILABLE
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Sponsored by: The Royal Circle Foundation
The Health Effects of Human Trafficking
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Medical Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists, Nurses
• Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, Attorneys
• Policy Makers, Public Health Officers, Media
• Immigration Officials, Human Rights Advocates, Concerned Citizens
WHAT ARE THE TARGETED OBJECTIVES?
• To identify and recognize the health and financial burdens of human trafficking
• To target human trafficking as a national and global public health problem
• To develop national networks that serve to link policy makers with health care providers, human rights workers and advocates for the development of models of prevention,detection, treatment and education of victims and the general heath care community
JOIN US IN THE FIGHT TO STOP HUMAN TRAFFICKING!
The Royal Circle Foundation invites you to join us for this historical and long overdue conference as we continue our focus on human trafficking often referred to as "modern day slavery" which is a growing global social and public health problem. It is estimated that more than 21 million people worldwide are being held today as human slaves and that the human trafficking industry grosses more than $32 billion dollars per year. (Polaris Project) coming from all over the globe including the USA. From small towns to big cities, major sporting events and conventions to famlily events and community festivals, you will find human victims with children and women being the most vulnerable but men, especially young boys, are not immune.
Sex trafficking, undocumented illegal aliens, child soilders and the illegal harvesting of human organs have become all to much a part the landscape in modern day society and serve to make up the core elements of the business of trafficking human beings. The health issues confronting such victims are overwhelming! Physical abuse as well as mental abuse, trauma, infectious diseases (STD's, HIV, etc.) bone fractures, dismemberment, torture, rape and death are some of the major health concerns that are prevelant in such human victims. Often the true orgins of these conditions go unrecognized by health care professionals on the front lines in emergency rooms, clinics, hospitals and even schools. It is to this end that the Royal Circle Foundation seeks to partner with health care professional organizations, the legal profession, the justice system, immigration officials, the media and all concerned human beings to address this global issue and to seek solutions.
This conference is just the beginning of a global effort to elimiate this plague. Please help us make a difference. Thank You!
CALL FOR PAPERS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 6th.